This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
The Aqua Academy uses the information collected from you to provide swimming lessons and swimming related training (the “Services”). When making initial contact you consent to The Aqua Academy maintaining a dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services to you.
Any information that The Aqua Academy holds about you encompasses all the details we hold about you.
The Aqua Academy will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with the Services.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet The Aqua Academy’s committed obligations to its clients and to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and Child Protection regulations. The data provided is also used to enable us to respond to client enquiries.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to The Aqua Academy processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing TheAquaAcademy@Virginmedia.com or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
The Aqua Academy will not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with them without your consent. However, The Aqua Academy may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The Aqua Academy may also enforce its Terms and Conditions to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of The Aqua Academy, its clients and/or the wider community.
The Aqua Academy will process personal data during the duration that Services are provided and will continue to store only the personal data needed for ten years after the provision of Services has ended to meet any legal obligations.
Data is held securely in the UK.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst The Aqua Academy is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that The Aqua Academy refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
The Aqua Academy at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (The Aqua Academy) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection Champion, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of The Aqua Academy or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
The Aqua Academy will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If The Aqua Academy is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to TheAquaAcademy@virginmedia.com or in writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by The Aqua Academy, you have the right to complain to The Aqua Academy – Managing Director. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator (ICO).
Rights to be forgotten and Rectification
In the event that you wish to exercise your right to erasure or rectification of the personal data being processed by The Aqua Academy, you should contact the
Managing Director at:
The Aqua Academy
26 Bishops Court Gardens
Or by e-mail at: TheAquaAcademy@Virginmedia.com